Saturday, February 27, 2021

Simbad-RC with Mistral Missiles on the BRP Antonio Luna

Simbad-RC with Mistral Missiles on the BRP Antonio Luna
Simbad-RC with Mistral Missiles on the BRP Antonio Luna

I was able to see the brand new BRP Antonio Luna (FF-151) Frigate of the Philippine Navy (PN) on the day that it arrived at the Manila South Harbor, and I hope to post more Pictures and Videos about it soon. 

One interesting fact I noticed that it already had 2 Mistral Missiles installed on its Simbad-RC Anti-Air Self Defence System. As I noted before in my last Blog, this System can engage up to 2 threats at a time because of the Fire-and-Forget Guidance System of its Mistral Missiles. 

And it has a longer range than Gun-based Close-In Weapons Systems (CIWS). The Simbad-RC is controlled by an Operator thru a Terminal inside the Ship. As per the latest Brochure, the Mistral Missiles have a maximum Range of 7.5 km and a Warhead Weight of 3 kg. 

I don’t know if it’s intentional or not, but all the Pictures and Video Footages of the BRP Antonio Luna that I have seen so far from the News Organizations and the PN seems to skip showing the Simbad-RC with its Missiles for some reason. 


Check out my Links: https://linktr.ee/rhk111

Don’t forget to click on the Ads or to donate to help support this Website


2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, photo of Simbad-RC turret is deceptive: actual Simbad missile may or may not yet be present inside the launcher canister.
    Good if complimentary missiles were provided by the supplier, MBDA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So those could just be Empty Canisters, and for display purposes only? Well I guess that's possible ...

      Delete

Popular Posts