Saturday, March 20, 2021

Sec. Lorenzana threatened with Court Action by an Agent of a losing Company in the Jose Rizal class Frigate Project

Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana during his Speech on Mar. 19. 2021
Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana during his Speech on Mar. 19. 2021

In his Speech during the Commissioning Ceremony of the new BRP Antonio Luna (FF-151) Frigate of the Philippine Navy (PN), Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana mentioned how an Agent of a losing Company in the Jose Rizal class Frigate Project requested that it be rebid. 

He refused then, but said the same Agent called him again later and threatened to sue him in Court if he went on and signed the Contract. He told the Agent to go ahead and sue if he wants to. He did not mention the name of the Agent or of the Company. 

Below is the Transcript of Lorenzana’s Speech where he mentioned the said Events. 

There was a time in 2016 when I thought this Project will never materialize. Maraming Problema (many problems). Immediately upon assuming the Secretary of National Defense I got this call from the Agent of the losing Company, to request that I will reconsider and go back and rebid. 

Sabi ko hindi na puede, tapos na (I said can’t be done anymore, it’s over). Then one Month before I signed the Contract, he called me again, he said if you sign the Contract Mr. Secretary, I will bring you to Court. I told him, go ahead, bring me to Court because I am going to sign the Contract.” 

What’s strange is that none of the Philippine Press chose to highlight or include this on their News Articles, you needed to listen to the whole Speech itself to be made aware of it. 

You can watch his Speech on the Video below.

Defense Sec. Lorenzana Speech - Mar. 19, 2021 Dailymotion Video

Check out my Links: https://linktr.ee/rhk111

Don’t forget to click on the Ads or to donate to help support this Website


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts