Thursday, September 15, 2022

My First Booster Shot Experience with Pfizer-BioNTech’s BNT162b2 Covid-19 Vaccine

Pfizer-BioNTech's Covid-19 Vaccine, Photo from Wikimedia Commons
Pfizer-BioNTech's Covid-19 Vaccine, Photo from Wikimedia Commons

I just had my first Booster Shot for the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19) recently, and I just wanted to relay my experiences about it.

First off I would like to thank the National Government under President Bong Bong Marcos (PBBM) for providing the free Booster Shot, and to the local City Government for facilitating its distribution. 

‘Process’
I got my shot from a nearby Mall, the entire process was quite fast, it only took me less than half an hour compared to the eight (8) hours I went thru when I got my Vaccine last Year. 

We went thru several screenings, first was when I had to fill out a Form, they checked my Vaccine Card and had my Blood Pressure (BP) checked. Then the next Station they checked again my Vaccine Card and gave me a new blank Vaccine Booster Card Form. 

The third Station they did the Registration after which I was ushered into the actual injection site with our Paperwork in hand. After the Injection we were asked to stay inside a Cinema to wait for our filled up new Vaccine Booster Card. 

I waited for around five (5) minutes before I was given my new Vaccine Booster Card, and then that was that, I was free to go home.  

‘Vaccines’
I was fully vaccinated around the middle of last Year of 2021 for Covid-19 using Johnson & Johnson’s one-shot Janseen Vaccine, so I am long overdue for a Booster Shot, I should’ve gotten it several Months after I got my Janssen Vaccine. 

For my first Booster shot, I was given the Pfizer-BionNTech’s BNT162b2 (also known as Tozinameran and Comirnaty) Vaccine.

On both occasions I wasn’t able to choose what Vaccine to get as they weren’t any other options available, but I still went thru ahead with them anyway. 

‘Symptoms’
I did suffer some Symptoms after taking the Booster Shot, they were similar but a bit milder than when I got my Janssen Vaccine last Year. These Symptoms were: 

Pain in Injection Area – Started around an Hour or so after Injection, lasted until the Morning of the next Day

Nausea – Started around half an Hour after Injection, lasted for several Hours but was gone after that.

Body Pain – Started around two Hours after Injection, then got worse on the Afternoon of the next Day, but was gone by the second Day after the Injection

Slight Fever – Started the Morning of the next Day of the Injection, went on and off until the evening of the next Day. Maximum Temperature was at around 37.5 deg. C, but was gone by the second Day after the Injection

‘Medication’
For medication, I initially took Biogesic Tablets every six (6) hours after I got my injection, but when the Body Pain worsened in the Afternoon of the next Day, I switched to taking BioFlu every six hours. 

I also took Ascorbic Acid once a Day to help boost my immune System. Note that we do have some Pharmacists in the Family, so we know a little bit to self-medicate on relatively mild Symptoms like this.

‘Parting Shot’
So overall, my experience with the Pfizer-BioNTech Booster Shot was that I was generally fine the first day, but the second Day the Body Pain worsened and it was what I didn’t like about it the most. With some Medication and a lot of rest (especially the next Day), by the third Day the Symptoms were mostly gone. 

Despite the somewhat unpleasant experience, I still hope to get my second Booster shot no sooner than four (4) Months from now, I hope it will still be free by then and that there won’t be long lines of People also. 

Check out my Links: https://linktr.ee/rhk111

Don’t forget to click on the Ads or to donate to help support this Website. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts